- Advocating for Local Control: Since 2011, the Legislature has passed hundreds of laws which take power away from local governments. Decisions involving shoreland zoning, protecting waterways, and school funding require local input and are best decided at the local level. I have introduced and supported bills that protect the ability of local officials to determine what is best for their communities.
- Job Creation: Rather than throwing billions of dollars towards foreign corporations, we need to better support the job creators here in Wisconsin. We need to focus on job recruitment and job retention with a skilled workforce. That means supporting our education system, from kindergarten to technical and four year colleges. I will always support investing in our communities.
- Transportation: Wisconsin’s transportation infrastructure is inadequate and crumbling. We need a long-term solution to funding our infrastructure. As the ranking member of the Transportation Committee, I will continue to advocate for the changes needed to maintain and upgrade our rural roads.
- Protecting Seniors: When SeniorCare was threatened, I helped collect 14,000 signatures to save the program. My advocacy for seniors allowed me to be appointed to serve as Ranking Democratic Member of the Assembly Committee on Aging and Long-Term Care. I am a proud co-sponsor of the SeniorCare Protection Act, which will ensure that our state pursues federal waivers to continue SeniorCare.
- Fair Elections: Voters should choose their elected officials, not the other way around. That is why I have co-authored redistricting legislation that would take the power to redraw legislative districts away from politicians and entrust it to a non-partisan body.
- College Affordability: Making higher education more affordable for students and families is crucial for our economy and our communities. That is why I have supported legislation which will help graduates, current students, and future students afford to pay for their higher education.
- Natural Resources: Northern Wisconsin is a pristine place to call home, from the glistening shores of Lake Superior, to the expansive Penokee Hills, the incredible national forests, and everything in between. I will always be an advocate for our environment and protect our region.