- Advocating for Local Control: Since 2011, the Legislature has passed over 100 laws which take power away from local governments. Decisions involving shoreland zoning, protecting waterways, and school funding require local input and are best decided at the local level. I have introduced and supported bills that protect the ability of local officials to determine what is best for their communities.
- Job Creation: Working to create an environment for job growth, and supporting both workers and businesses are among my top priorities. I have worked to increase job training funding and will continue to work hard for rural communities where businesses both large and small can grow and be successful.
- Wisconsin’s transportation infrastructure is inadequate and crumbling. We need a long-term solution to funding our infrastructure. As a member of the Transportation Committee, I will continue to advocate for the changes needed to maintain and upgrade our rural roads.
- Protecting Seniors: When SeniorCare was threatened, I helped collect 14,000 signatures to save the program. My advocacy for seniors allowed me to be appointed to serve as Ranking Democratic Member of the Assembly Committee on Aging and Long-Term Care.
- Fair Elections: Voters should choose their elected officials, not the other way around. That is why I have co-authored redistricting legislation that would take the power to redraw legislative districts away from politicians and entrust it to a non-partisan body.
- College Affordability: Making higher education more affordable for students and families is crucial for our economy and our communities. That is why I have supported legislation which will help graduates, current students, and future students afford to pay for their higher education.
- Natural Resources: I have supported strong conservation efforts that protect the natural resources that make Northern Wisconsin an amazing place to work, visit, and call home.